Friday, May 8, 2009

The Query Letter Wizard is almost here . . .

Hi there,
Thanks for dropping by.
This blog is under construction (which is why there's not much here . . . yet!) Please come back after May 15th to partake of such delicious and helpful offerings such as:

  • answers to your most pressing questions about query letters
  • once-in-a-while opportunities when you can submit your queries for evaluation/comments ("open" evaluation dates/windows will be announced)
  • why your query letter is a "make or break" sales document that you must learn to write
  • how to shift your mindset from "telling" to "selling"
  • where to find the best agents
  • how to focus your energy/thoughts while writing a professional and effective query
  • enabling your inner wizard to access inspiration/encouragement/wisdom

HOWEVER, if you're ready to go and itching to begin crafting your query letter right now, this very minute, first go to http://www.getpublishednow.biz/. This site (created by the Wizard's alter ego, Molli Nickell), will help you get started. While you're on the site, request your copy of the FREE query letter mini-workbook.

See you there . . . or here . . . soon.

Poof (I'm gone)

7 comments:

  1. Interesting blog. I'll look forward to keeping up with it.
    Augusta
    http://ascattergood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I really need a query letter?
    Why?
    I've heard agents aren't interested in unpublished writers, and publishers don't look at manuscripts from un-agented writers. Sounds like a lose-lose situation. What to do?
    Confused in Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the middle of drafting a query letter for my novel and have noticed that there seems to be two sides to the argument about using your 'voice' in a query letter. Some writers feel that it should strictly be a business letter to the agent, and some think it should read like your manuscript.

    What do you think?

    -Anon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sent out my query letter to two literary agents and both sent me polite rejection letters. Is this normal? How do I get them to want to represent me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'mon, do I really need to use an agent? Why can't I just approach publishers directly and save myself the fifteen percent?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm writing a query letter to accompany a picture book manuscript. Do you have any recommendations unique to picture book queries since I don't really need to pitch the storyline as the agent / editor will already have the complete manuscript in hand?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What would you consider the top mistakes made by novice query writers? That is, what are the most common deal-breakers you've seen in weak query letters?

    ReplyDelete